Simple Relaxation Techniques for Relieving Anxiety
It’s sometimes hard to figure the origin of anxiety. Over time, stressful situations can build up and cause feelings of helplessness and a general worried feeling.
Anxiety can pose an actual challenge for you and your health.
There may be days when you feel like you’re unable to do things you’ve done all your life. This condition plays tricks on your mind and wreaks havoc with your mental health.
Luckily, you can reduce your anxiety by incorporating some relaxation techniques into your life. For best results, be patient with yourself as they begin to work.
Clear your schedule and your mind. Embrace the relief you’re about to experience so you can live anxiety-free.
Try simple Relaxation Tactics for Anxiety
1. Get fresh air. When you feel an anxiety attack coming on, run for fresh air. Fresh air inhaled slowly can help you relax almost instantly. Give yourself 10 minutes to take in the freshness and feel it calming your entire being.
• Enclosed spaces like offices tend to worsen episodes of anxiety. This is why it’s a good idea to head outdoors the minute you feel an anxiety attack coming on.
• Closing your eyes while breathing deeply can help to expedite the process.
2. Participate in guided yoga. Yoga in itself is a great meditation tool. But sometimes, you need the guidance of a yogi to get your mind in the right place. Yoga instructors can guide your thoughts and breathing patterns for best results.
• There are great DVDs available where the yogi gives instructions and explains how a particular pose positively impacts the physical and spiritual being.
• Taking a yoga class can help reduce stress and anxiety in several ways. Having other people around you who are calm can help put you in a healthy state of mind.
3. Remove clutter around you. A cluttered space contributes to heightened anxiety.
• Ensure your office is free of clutter. Remove mounds of paper or file them away.
• Get the rooms in your home in order so there is no sign of mess around you.
4. Exercise. Regular exercise is one of the best ways to relieve stress, especially when it’s causing anxiety. Exercising releases the “happy” hormones and helps free you of anxiety and fill you with joy.
• Choose an exercise activity that demands your complete attention. This helps to get your mind off the anxiety triggers.
5. Remove possible food triggers. Some foods trigger a negative response to stress. Do some research on those foods and try to eliminate them from your diet.
• Caffeine has been tagged as the enemy for anxiety sufferers! Take a break from your morning coffee and see if you feel less anxious.
6. Avoid watching the news. While it’s a good idea to keep up with current affairs, if you have anxiety it might be better to avoid the news! Because there are so many troubling stories on the news, you’re bound to be affected.
• Instead of watching, ask someone to update you on the lighter news stories.
• Use your news time to watch something lighter like a comedy or a nature show.
Anxiety has become a way of life for many people. However, it’s something you can eliminate much of your anxiety by making a few easy adjustments.
Get rid of anxiety and allow yourself to experience a calm existence by making these changes in your life. It may take a little while to get rid of anxiety completely, but be patient and your efforts will be well worth it.