Symptoms that occur as a result of contact allergies usually happen within a few minutes after your allergen exposure, although there are symptoms that may occur after several hours. Common allergens are poison ivy and poison oak, rubber, nickel, latex, preservatives, dyes, fragrances, medications, and cosmetics like perfume and hair dye. Nickel, a metal frequently used in buttons, jewelry, hairpins, zippers, metal clips and snaps, is the frequent source of the allergy. Sun exposure might also give you reactions.
– A bumpy or itchy rash – Fluid-filled bumps on your skin – Swelling or redness of your skin – Hives – Eczema
Symptoms caused by insect sting allergies usually happen after a few minutes after you got stung, although there may be symptoms happening after some hours. Insect venoms cause these allergic reactions, like those from wasps, bees, hornets, fire ants, and yellow jackets.
– Pain, swelling, and itching at the area of the sting or at times, over larger body areas such as the forearm or entire hand – Fever – Fatigue or nausea – Hives, swelling, and itching in body areas apart from the area that got stung – Chest tightness – Difficulty of breath – Tongue swelling