Few people around the world realize the facts behind the disease known as lupus. Many people dont even know what the disease is, and very few people realize that there are actually several different forms of lupus. In this article, we will work towards solving the lack of information available regarding the disease by helping you to learn about the different types of lupus that one may become afflicted with.
- – Chronic cutaneous lupus erythematosus, or CCLE, is a type of disorder of the skin that doesnt cause too much damage to the rest of the body unless the disease develops into a case of systemic lupus.
– Drug induced lupus erythematosus is a different type of lupus that is caused by the use of medications. There are actually over seventy different types of medications that can lead to the development of the disease, but unlike many forms of lupus, the symptoms of this problem tend to disappear within a few months of stopping the medication that is causing the problem in the first place.
– Mixed connective tissue disease is a problem that occurs when an individual has all the signs of systemic lupus but also notices symptoms that belie problems such as rheumatoid arthritis or polymyositis.
– Systemic lupus erythematosus is the most commonly diagnosed type of lupus disease. Approximately seventy percent of all cases of lupus are cases of systemic lupus erythematosus, and it can be very threatening to the afflicted individuals livelihood. Of this number of diagnoses, approximately half of the individuals have a case of organ-threatening lupus which can lead to chronic damaging of the heart, lungs, kidneys, blood vessels and other parts of the body. The other half of diagnosed patients do not have the organ-threatening variety of the disease, and instead manifest symptoms such as rashes about the face, fatigue, joint pain and fever.
– Undifferentiated connective tissue disease, or UCTD, is another type of lupus-related disease. This diagnosis is given to those who are experiencing symptoms that are similar to systemic lupus erythematosus but dont meet all of the criteria. They must also have an undifferentiated type of connective tissue disease present. People afflicted with UCTD may go on to develop a case of systemic lupus erythematosus or another problem such as rheumatoid arthritis.
Now that you know more about the different types of lupus that individuals may suffer from, you can better tell exactly what types of symptoms denote which types of problems. If you suspect that you or someone that you love may be afflicted with the disease, you should definitely seek the advice of a doctor in order to perform a proper diagnosis.
Drugs that affect the immune system have been proven to be very useful when it comes to slowing the progression of deadly diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus and so it is important to nip the problem in the bud as early as you can. Early detection is the key to living a long and happy life with the disease.